[muglo] Re: Canon ink cartridges

  • From: Tee Cashmore <teecashmore@xxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2006 23:48:39 -0500

On 1-Nov-06, at 12:43 PM, Leith Peterson wrote:

> As mentioned already on the list, I got a Canon Pixma MP 510 inkjet
> colour printer last month.  I got some discount coupons in the box
> with the printer for canon ink tanks, but they are only good until
> Dec 31/06.  Does anyone know if it would be OK to get them before
> the due date, even though I might not be using them for awhile?  In
> other words, is it better to buy them fresh or does it matter if
> they sit for awhile?  I've never had an inkjet  printer before, so
> I don't know about this sort of thing.
>
> Please advise.  Thanks.
>
> Leith

As long as you do not break the seal on the cartridges they will keep
for a long time, ideally stored in a cool, dry place, not a Fridge.
It really helps to check prices though as some places sell them for
less than the Discount price. I've just purchased some Staples Canon
cartridges & they were 40% less than Canons
& are equally as good in colour so far. Even original Canon ones were
10 % less than Future Shop.
TTFN, TeeC