[muglo] Re: CBC Radio One Audio Clip

  • From: Eric Dunbar <eric.dunbar@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 17:07:04 -0400

Leith, Real Audio Player is *FREE*.

Go to www.real.com and click on the RealPlayer FREE button to download it.

As for Audio Highjack, it's a great program (if you don't have alternatives=
 ;-):

What you do is:
1. Open AHJ.
2. Tell it what application/file you'd like to use as your audio source
  2.1 Set a scheduled recording (see 3.1), or
  2.2 Use manual recording (see 3.2)
3. Allow AHJ to open the application/file
  3.1 If you set a scheduled recording AHJ will automagically start
  3.2 If you set it to manually record, you will have to tell it when
to start and stop
4. Allow AHJ to finish recording
5. Listen to your recording in whatever format you chose to use (AIFF,
MP3, OGG, etc.).

Options to keep an eye on:
1. destination file
2. audio recording format (AIFF, MP3, etc)
3. does your "stream" autostart (as CBC used to) or do you have to
manually intervene
4. do you wish to allow the computer to "mute" the application that is bein=
g?

Enjoy, Eric.