[muglo] Re: Buying used computers on-line

  • From: Eric Dunbar <eric.dunbar@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2005 23:25:01 -0400

Yep. The $182 + tax is for AppleCare (did you order it?).

As for the disclaimer, that's also standard. Since you are receiving
an education discount you [rightly] are limited in what you can do
with the machine. Reselling or exporting it is a definite no-no given
that Apple has been kind enough to offer you an educational discount
(otherwise, what is to stop 3rd parties from buying up edu priced
machines and reselling them).

Eric.

On 10/4/05, Hawk <taylorc547@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Here's an odd thing, at least to me. I bought an iMac online and so far h=
ave
> received email attesting to what I've purchased, shiipping details, etc. =
One
> email has a charged with no explanation othere than a charge for $182 for
> something with a lot of numbers in front of it and this disclaimer:
>
>  "CANADIAN SALES TO END-USERS ONLY  Apple Canada Inc. ("Apple") will only
> sell and
> ship product within the boundaries of Canada. No shipments can be made to=
 PO