[muglo] Re: Bluetooth cordless scroll mouse

  • From: Eurogarth <eurogarth@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Muglo@Freelists. Org" <muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 06 Feb 2004 15:39:21 -0500

Well Mary, it aint so self-evident to me. Is it really your INFORMED opinio=
that not buying from Microsoft will make the world a better place? Can you
explain exactly how Microsoft has "harmed" the world?

Oh yeah! I remember now. Microsoft had the gall to give customers a product
(IE) free of charge as part of their Windows product. Netscape (having just
been bought by Sun was charging for their browser and Oracle, having an
ownership stake in Mosaic has well as the failed "NetPC (free browsers
really bad for that) didn't like it!

Do you really think that a single, successful "anti-trust" case championed
by those wonderful saviours Larry Ellison & Scott McNealy makes the world a
better place? Especially when Netscape was at the same time integrating mai=
functions into it's own browser?  At the end of the day, that suit was abou=
integrating a browser with an operating system and until the courts decided
(erroneously in my opinion) there were no laws regarding this. The resultin=
judgment against Microsoft and the penalty were about "damages" to other
businesses. Not harm to people!

Following your logic, should we all throw our Macs in the trash cans after
reading the following from 2001:

http://www.wired.com/news/business/0,1367,48154,00.html

Confusing "world betterment" with business practices is both na=EFve and
overly simplistic. You don't like Microsoft products or behaviour? That's O=
with me and I support your right to voice your opinion. I really don't
however want or need your "reminders" to tell me how I should think or spen=
my money.

BTW, Want to make the world a better place? Do better thinking and you won'=
have to think twice!