[muglo] Re: Blackberry Pearl vs iPhone

  • From: Wayne Dobson <pwdobson@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2010 21:47:35 -0400

Every cellphone has a SIM card. That's how they connect to a cell
network(your phone number is stored on it). The Pearl's SIM is under
the battery. The data plans are not a function of the phone, but the
carrier. The carrier doesn't care what phone you're using, just your
data limits.
When I bought my iPhone, I just popped my SIM out of my Nokia, put it
in the iPhone, and I had the same number, same plan, etc.
On Apr 6, 2010, at 9:27 PM, Theresa Roth wrote:
> Unlimited data is not available on iPhones.
> My pearl had no SIM card.
>

>> From: pwdobson@xxxxxxxxxx
>> To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>> Subject: [muglo] Re: Blackberry Pearl vs iPhone
>> Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2010 16:31:51 -0400
>>
>> Why worry about data usage? Aren't you on an unlimited data plan? You
>> didn't abandon that plan when you switched to an iPhone instead of
>> switching SIM cards, did you?
>
> ---
> Manage your account options at //www.freelists.org/list/muglo

Wayne Dobson