[muglo] Re: Blackberry Pearl vs iPhone

  • From: Wayne Dobson <pwdobson@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2010 11:41:52 -0400

> Are you suggesting I will also have problems syncing an iPhone to
> my G4? I
> cannot afford a new computer.

Indirectly. To sync, you need iTunes. They keep updating iTunes, but
not Tiger. Eventually, you will see:"This update requires OSX 10.5 and
an Intel CPU". It might be 3 months or 30 months, who knows?

> It also appears you are suggesting I consider a BB as a replacement
> for my
> Pearl. I will consider that suggestion. [I play no games on either
> the BB or
> my G4].

Check with your carrier regarding an upgrade. Newer Blackberries can
use multiple browsers, where iPhone is limited to Safari only. BB can
store thousands of emails, iPhone maybe 100. BB has upgradable battery
& memory, bullet-proof security, etc.

I love my iPhone, but for your application (At least for now) I think
you would be happier with the upgraded BB.

Wayne Dobson
pwdobson@xxxxxxxxxx
(519) 474-1253 res.
(519) 860-2725 cell