[muglo] Blackberry Pearl vs iPhone

  • From: Theresa Roth <Theresaroth@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: MUGLO <muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2010 20:51:08 -0400

I am considering replacing my Blackberry Pearl with an iPhone and would like
to ask for feedback on specific issues that pertain to my usage.
I am currently using a Blackberry Pearl and have been happy with most
aspects of it. There are two main reasons I want to switch.

1.  My  Pearl won¹t sync with my Mac [400 MHz PowerPC G4, 10.4.11]. I have
tried PocketMac with little success. I also downloaded a program off the
internet but it requires 10.5 and I understand I cannot upgrade my [slow]
computer to it. Syncing Address Book [600 entries] and Calendar is important
to my working away from home.

2.  The browser on my Pearl doesn¹t work with many websites I need to
access. It has cost me ³jobs/assignments/fees² not being able to access
these at times. I have unlimited browser/email on my Pearl.

However, I am happy with the following:

3.  It fits neatly into my front pants pocket [safe, within easy reach].

4.  I like to receive ³pushed email² on my Pearl [I¹ve been told iPhones
don¹t have email ³push²].

5.  I like to use the free GPS on it [not sure if iPhones do].

I welcome any constructive and helpful comments.

Thanks,

Theresa