[muglo] Re: B&W or PC?

  • From: Paul Thomas <paul_thomas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 08 Apr 2003 22:00:15 -0400

on 4/8/03 6:06 PM, Alex at admeddemda@xxxxxx wrote:

> So... the OS... windows is weird, and hard to install drivers, etc etc...
> but OSX?? Ok maybe my experience of it installing with XPostFacto on a
> mac clone has made me wary of it when a supported B&W would be easy...
> but X is crazy unix... nothing like MAC OS of before...

I have just snipped part of this v. interesting message.  I have had a
little experience of IBMs and there seems to be little difference between
Windows and a Mac OS (prior to OS X which I haven't tried!) and I have heard
that reinstalling Windows can be difficult!!  What I did like was the
ability of deinstalling a program to remove any bits in  the system folder;
I don't know of this being done on Macs which means lots of odd extensions,
etc. hanging around after removing a program - I suspect that this accounts
for many of the Type 2 errors that one gets!!!

I find this discussion on Mac v. IBM very interesting particularly now that
so many people use both, mainly for business reasons!!

As Alex says cheaper hardware and (I say) cheaper software - one has to
wonder!  Though I still like my iBook!!

Paul