[muglo] Re: B&W or PC?

  • From: "Eric D." <hideme666@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 09 Apr 2003 15:20:43 -0400

on 9/4/03 12:35 AM, Tee Cashmore at tee.cashmore@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> But many Macs have been using cheaper hardware for years, some of which
> is definitely cheaper in quality. Cheaper software maybe, but it all
> depends on what you really need.

Office X is roughly the same as Office XP (and, if you get it from an
academic supplier, the Mac version is cheaper than the Windows version).

Nearly *all* Mac hardware is now generic. There aren't really any Mac-only
products out there anymore (well, maybe the ADB->USB converter won't have
much use on a Windoze machine... though, I have heard of people using it to
get their Extended Keyboards working on Windoze machines ;), especially on
the inside. DVD players/burners, HDs, RAM, PCI cards, they're all
cross-platform compatible (I think that's half of what saved Apple's bacon
-- the other half is OS X).