[muglo] Re: Apple Computer History

  • From: Karl Hochmann <k.hochmann@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2009 09:48:37 -0400

Joan, around the Wiltshire era, before or shortly after Wiltshire, a
Macsomebody did a good job of managing and energizing an active group
of Apple devotees. He went on to work for Apple.

My best memories are the meetings held at the Central Collegiate.
There were large crowds eager to share whatever was new and exiting.

I bought my first Mac (1984) at Simpson's at Richmond and Dundas. The
computer was an ugly, little box with a very small screen but still
way ahead of the ugly PC's. Multiplan, the first spreadsheet, crashed
and crashed. I was desperate to find Mac users to help me to get this
thing to be produtive, but the number of Mac users was small. I am
glad I stayed with it. I will not forget You and Ralph, the Samaritans
who were exemplary in their willingness to help.

Karl