[muglo] Re: Advice needed

  • From: "Eric D." <hideme666@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 05 Jun 2003 11:08:06 -0400

on 3/6/03 8:47 PM, Charlie Melanson at cmelanson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> I've been using my hp LaserJet 1200 series for nearly 2 years now.  No
> problem, and it's cheap!   (Any Business Depot has them).

Agreed, it's not *bad*, but it leaves a lot to be desired:
1. networking -- HP's print server *sucks* (on the 1200n) and loses its
settings everytime there's a power interruption;

2. paper feeding -- printing isn't consistent each and every time. Quite
often, the paper feeds in slightly off from perfect and ends up slightly off
kilter;

3. it's flimsy.

That said, I wouldn't mind having one myself (though, not at the price HP
charges for it... they're really over-charging on this one IMO for the
1200n). It's small and fairly light (as far as printers go... ever tried
lifting a LaserJet 4si or a LaserWriter IIg ;P

Eric.

PS Katheryn, if yo're moving to BC, why not *wait* one and a half months to
get your printer, and do it in BC? (it'll save you shipping costs)