[muglo] Re: A nice game

  • From: "Eric D." <hideme666@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2002 18:26:08 -0400

on 19/4/02 10:26, Paul Thomas at paulthomas@xxxxxxx wrote:

> I am replying to them before others send any!  The truth of the matter is
> that I have no idea of the source and have NRVRT seen this before receiving
> it now!!  Indeed I did NOT send out this 'gibberish spam' and have no idea
> where it came from or how it got here through my user code - this bothers me
> more!! - if you look carefully it came from 'paulthomas' whereas my messages
> always come from 'Paul Thomas' with the same address!!??!!

I'm not entirely sure what it is. I've extracted the attachments and got a
JPEG named "77.RU1[1].jpg" that has something looking like a "licence plate"
in it. www.77.ru on the left and .77.rus with a Russian white-blue-red flag
on the right 110*31 pixels.

The site www.77.ru takes you to a Russian web site (can't read it) & seems
to be centred around "Mockbe" (Moscow?). It's got some click-able map that
allows you to zoom in on it.

A search for kitty.exe on Google pulled in a number of sites that called it
a "virus hoax". Anyway, I have no clue as to what exactly it is other than
it won't work on Macs :) (why it would've come from you is beyond me... are
you running a Winblows machine?)

Eric.

going to <//www.freelists.org/archives/muglo>

<paulthomas@xxxxxxx>