[mswindowsxp] Re: speed tutuorial included for free

  • From: "Charles R. Buchanan" <crbgfblab@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <mswindowsxp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 8 Dec 2002 09:11:33 -0800

I would submit that if in fact this true, then he might want to check with
his provider. I have DSL and it's no where close to my modem speed. While it
may be slower than other dsl customers that may get 800+ kbps, I usually
average around 675, which is fine for what I do. The biggest problem isn't
the connection speed, but the servers on the net that I connect to. Some are
way faster than others, and the hops has a lot to do with it as well. As far
as the pictures loading faster, well I use Outpost and it blocks a lot of
the ads and so forth, thus the page loads must faster, without the clutter
because most of the time all I want to do is read and not look at the
graphics, which usually are nothing but ads!

---
It's lights OUT for you viruses!