[mswindowsxp] msinfo32.exe & Help and Support Center won't launch

  • From: Jesse A <dreckxx@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mswindowsxp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2003 05:51:01 -0700 (PDT)

I use Windows XP Prof. with Service Pack 1, I had
problems with the Help and Support Center
(HelpCtr.exe)and System Information (Msinfo32.exe).
When I try to track the problem, I found that the Help
and Support Center Service in Computer Management of
Administrative Tools, shows that the service is not
started.

Hence, I think that this would be the problem, but
when i try to start it, the service refuse to start,
it says "error 162 : the module doesn't exist or
unavailable", so what is that suppose to mean.
After that i tried to reinstall the HelpCtr through
PCHealth.inf also the msinfo32.inf, and again nothing
fixed, no effect.

Then, i try to reinstall windows, by using upgrade
method, cause i don't want to reformat, it's really
pain in the ass to do everything again from scratch.
the new installation doesn't change anything.
When i look to system restore, the restore points,
before the problems happen unavailable, cause it seems
i had this problems a long time ago, but i've just
realized it now. I rarely open Help and System
information.

When I realized this problem, Norton Systemworks
Integrator shows no background graphical elements. And
the Norton AntiVirus files are corrupted, Then I
create a new user, the problem solved after i
reinstall the norton systemworks. Another problem came
through again, after i reinstall Norton Systemworks,
the Norton Unerase protection refuse to start. What
cause this ?
Is this norton problem related to the previous problem
(msinfo32 and HelpCtr) ?
I tried to scan all my drives with Norton AntiVirus
with the newest Virus Definitions of course, and no
virus detected,
Is this could be caused by virus ?

So please can anybody give me a solution without
reformatting my windows partition.

http://shopping.yahoo.com