[mswindowsxp] Re: inconsistant internet connection

  • From: "Robert T. Repko (R Squared Consultants)" <rtr@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mswindowsxp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2010 08:35:04 -0500

Your provider may be dropping the connection due to time-out/inavtivity/...
Make sure you have 'keep-alive' checked on your DSL/Cable modem.

Believe it or not at 2/18/2010 11:38 AM, Mike Rouillard said:
Hello,
I have a home network. There are two computers: a wireless laptop and a wired desktop. They both run windows xp. I am using a netgear wgt634u wireless router. Every two days or so, the internet connection drops on both computers. In order to restore internet access, we have to shutdown the entire network and then restart everything. How can I stop this from happening?
Thanks in advance!

* Robert T. Repko         *
* R Squared Consultants   *
* 4 Juniper Ave.          *