[mswindowsxp] Re: decwriter65 printer driver

  • From: Selim Olgun <mso48@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mswindowsxp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 6 Oct 2002 11:47:37 -0700 (PDT)

I solved the problem. It is possible to add new paper sizes by Start ->
Settings -> Printers -> File -> Server Properties and all printer drivers
installed accept these new papers.
Regards.
MSO
 Selim Olgun wrote:
Hi,

I have a "Digital Dec Writer 65" dot matrix printer. I am trying to print some
forms on 6"x8" dimensions continuous dot matrix printer paper using the MS Word
mail merge tool. I can print two forms at once and define the paper size as
12"x8" in order to get two forms printed at once but this way I can not use the
mail merge tool. Although printer hardware setup has 6" height continuous paper
choice, the printer's Windows XP driver does not have this size of paper and
does not even have a user defined custom size alternative. Under MS Word, the
printer does not use its hardware setup and accept the page height defined by
driver. Is it possible to add this paper size to the printer driver or to force
the printer to use its hardware configuration.

Thanks.

MSO

faith.yahoo.com

faith.yahoo.com