[mswindowsxp] decwriter65 printer driver

  • From: Selim Olgun <mso48@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mswindowsxp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 6 Oct 2002 08:13:23 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

I have a "Digital Dec Writer 65" dot matrix printer. I am trying to print some
forms on 6"x8" dimensions continuous dot matrix printer paper using the MS Word
mail merge tool.  I can print two forms at once and define the paper size as
12"x8" in order to get two forms printed at once but this way I can not use the
mail merge tool.  Although printer hardware setup has 6" height continuous
paper choice, the printer's Windows XP driver does not have this size of paper
and does not even have a user defined custom size alternative. Under MS Word,
the printer does not use its hardware setup and accept the page height defined
by driver. Is it possible to add this paper size to the printer driver or to
force the printer to use its hardware configuration.

Thanks.

MSO

faith.yahoo.com