[mswindowsxp] Re: computer shuts down then restarts after a couple min??

  • From: TFi2397856@xxxxxxx
  • To: mswindowsxp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 10:33:23 EDT

Hello group;

I put together a computer for a young lady in college. Windows 2000 Pro,
Iwill 266 motherboard, maxtor 80 gig hard drive, Samsung CDRW, Matrox duel
head video card, 1.4gighz AMD XP CPU, 512 kingston Ram. It worked fine here,
but she emailed to say that when she shuts it down it shuts down then in a
few minutes restarts itself. Any ideas on that? I can't think of any way it
could restart itself after a complete shutdown. Is that possible? Any chance
of a lead wire from the front switch being improperly positioned on the
mother board?  Thank you for your help.

Thomas