[mswindowsxp] XP clients in mixed mode domains

  • From: "Ibrahim, Mustafa" <Mustafa.Ibrahim@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'mswindowsxp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <mswindowsxp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2004 09:53:33 -0500

Hi guys,

We are running an NT4 domain ere at the moment. However we are in the process
of moving to Active Directory. We have Ad domain up and running already and
some of the account and machines have been migrated. However, we are seeing
anomalies whereby some of the XP machines are attaching themselves to the Ad
domain, even though they are actually part of the NT4 domain. It seems to
happen automatically. Overtime you all of a sudden notice one of the machines
appearing in the .com AD domain. Any ideas?

Many thanks

Mustafa