[mswindowsxp] Re: XP accessing Network/Internet resources

  • From: "Chris Ruggeri" <cruggeri@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <mswindowsxp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2003 17:07:36 -0700

>  1) Remove the network adapter and all network support and
>     reboot and let the system find the network adapter and
>     reinstall all of the network support........

i appreciate the input
....but i guess i have to ask why you would suggest a reinstall of the
card(or anything)if it is working fine now?
.....maybe its my fault here, i did have this happen  on a different xp
pro( maybe that was the confusion...this did not happen twice on the same
card or same install...this is 2 different installs on 2 different
pc's.....one of them about 3 mos ago....maybe longer...both cards had worked
normally quite awhile... and both have been fine since i made that change)
    but...since this is the 2nd time i have seen this, i was just wondering
if anyone out there had the same thing happen and why it did? it seemed to
happen after a windows update...but the events have happened so far apart i
would not swear to it. Ofcourse, if there are reasons I should
reinstall....please elaborate......i think you had to reinstall network
protocols/drivers in NT4.0 after some SP updates if i remember right. As
always.....Thanks for the input

chris