[mswindowsxp] XP accessing Network/Internet resources

  • From: "Chris Ruggeri" <cruggeri@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <mswindowsxp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 13:46:24 -0700

Hi group,

I have had a problem with our XP machines I am wondering if someone else has
experienced. For the 2nd time now, we have an xp pro machine that logs onto
the win2k domain after a windows update( everything appears fine). After log
on, they cannot access network or internet resources. The only thing I can
see that appears wrong is under network places properties for the LAN
connection, I go into the configuration of the network card, under the
advanced tab, the network address has the radio button "not present"
checked. I change it, put in the hardware address and everything appears to
work fine. Is this coincidence, has anyone else out there experienced this
or have an explanation?
 Any input is greatly appreciated!!!

Chris