[mswindowsxp] Re: XP - McAfee problem

  • From: Melanie <melanietersigni@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: mswindowsxp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 1 Sep 2002 11:16:12 -0700 (PDT)

i use Norton antivirus program it works great with XP...i heard McAfee has alot
of glitches..i was going to download it once but alot of feed back on zdnet
downloads says its a piece of junk...but then its free.......lol
 "Kelly C. Hanna" wrote:>
>Now that you mention XP problems there has been an issue that I have been
>meaning to check out.  Twice now after getting XP upgrades I have had to
>reload my McAfee virus scan.  The symptom I get is I cannot activate "system
>scan".  I contacted McAfee and was told that I had to reload.  That fixed my
>problem but it happened again after the next upgrade.  Has anyone else had
>this problem.

I have Norton and have not experienced any problems after the updates.
Occasionally, there's a small glitch in Netscape, but since AO Hell has bought
it, that seems to be the norm. I use IE a lot more now...it's faster anyway.

Kelly & Jana Hanna
HannaWoodworks
ClassicChevyCountry