[mswindowsxp] XP Firewall - MSN Messenger

  • From: "Jonathan R. Els" <jonathan.els@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <mswindowsxp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 00:44:15 +0200

Hi Group,

This is the first time posting a message, so hi to you all. My name is
Jonathan, and I'm from South Africa.
I would like to know why is it, that when the Windows XP firewall is
enabled on a connection, and with all default settings applied....why it
will not allow any transferring of files through the Windows Messenger?
I have attempted to tweak the settings to allow the transfers, however,
if the firewall is enabled...it will not allow files to be sent over the
Windows Messenger. On the other hand, when it's disabled, I am able to
send and receive files.

In conjunction with the XP firewall I use Norton Internet Security 2003.
I would like to stress that the Norton firewall will allow transfers
while enabled, but ONLY the XP firewall while enabled will not all it.

Could someone kindly help me figure out how I can tweak the firewall to
allow file transfers?

Thanks to you all,

Regards,

Jonathan