[mswindowsxp] Re: Windows StartUp Music.

  • From: Joe Parker <joeparker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mswindowsxp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2004 12:09:03 -0500

Interesting. I've never seen this option in any bios. A quick look back to
my oldest mobo manual shows nothing but the usual option to assign an IRQ
to PCI VGA. And some offer an IRQ for USB also.

Still, once you start trying to assign the few free IRQs you have to
hardware yourself, you've lost the game. I'd sooner remove the floppy. In
fact, our new laptop didn't come with a floppy and we haven't missed it. I
wouldn't miss the startup sound either. :)