[mswindowsxp] Re: Windows Messenger UPDATE Causes a 2nd Occurrance of Messenger

  • From: "Paul Lindberg" <phlindberg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <mswindowsxp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2002 21:28:01 -0800

I figured out How to STOP "Windows Messenger" from Starting when I start
Outlook 2002...

In Outlook 2002, Select Tools->Options
Under the "Other" Tab, UNCHECK the CheckBox next "Enable Instant
Messenging In Microsoft Outlook" and then APPLY and Click OK.

I would guess that somewhere in the WinXP Registry is an Association to
the "Windows Messenger" program to be used in Outlook 2002 (I don't know
where, yet).

---Paul