[mswindowsxp] Re: Win XP problem

  • From: foofaraw in the middle <foofaraw_in_the_middle@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mswindowsxp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 12:04:45 -0700 (PDT)

Have you ran Spybot and Ad-Aware yet?

Theki56@xxxxxx wrote:I am having trouble with Win XP Home,showing an error that
has the following
line in it:C:\Docume~1\Dan\Locals~1\temp\wer54.tmp.diroOO\appcompat.txt-this
dumps me off the internet,keeps Winamp from running,keeps many other programs
from opening/running and generally aggravates me-I would appreciate any
suggestions(lookes it up on Google and it recommended uninstalling IE?)
Thanks, dan
"Natural ability without education has more often attained to glory and
virtue than education without natural ability."

Cicero (106 BC - 43 BC)

"Natural ability without education has more often attained to glory and
virtue than education without natural ability."

Cicero (106 BC - 43 BC)

Owner/Moderator of
"My Computer Headaches" http://groups.yahoo.com/group/mycomputerheadaches/.
"What Error Messages Mean"
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/what_error_messages_really_mean/
Learn what some of the error messages that you encounter in your daily PC
computing really mean and know how to make them go away.(several subgroups are
linked here for the different OSes: Linux, MAC, Windows 95, 98, Me, 2000, NT,
XP, etc)