[mswindowsxp] WMP Folders.

  • From: Ted Cotton <tabcot@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mswindowsxp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 10:06:09 +1300

Hi all, XPers.
Using "Microsoft Picture" It I can now see the "Hidden" files in my WMP music
folders and am able to remove the incorrect Album.infos which were causing a
lot of trouble.

As I mentioned previously, I have done a lot of work modifying my WMP music
files - getting the correct Album.info for covers and applying them to their
respective albums and sorting the folders with music files the way I want them.
Unfortunately, often after I have downloaded an Album.info file from Media
Guide, a lot of my folders have been modified and I have to start all over
again!  I have configured WMPs Tools/Options/ Media Library settings to not
overwrite anything, but it's ignoring me!

After I get a music folder set up the way I want it, is there some way I can
lock the folder to prevent it being changed by Media Guide? Because they are
"Read Only"  folders I thought they would be safe from outside modification. On
the folders Property menu, there is a box in Customise/Sharing called: Private.
Would checking that do the trick?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Ted.
-----