[mswindowsxp] Re: User Profile

  • From: "JD Jacque" <werenomads@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mswindowsxp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2003 07:39:36 -0800

We have a few tricks on our network to prevent profile bloat. They
are policies.  One policy redirects the users temporary internet to
the temp folder on the local workstation (the logon.cmd emptys this).
The other makes the History folder non-roaming.  The last puts the
Application Data location on the users server space, rather than as
part of their profile.  Then the user need only keep their desktop
clear. We recommend a shortcut to a folder on their server space
called shortcuts, so these items are not part of their profile.
Hope these ideas help.

David L. Spanne

On 4 Jan 2003 at 10:19,
[mswindowsxp] User Profile
Charles R. Buchanan Charles R. Buchanan <mswindowsxp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Anyone has knowledge of a program or tricks maybe to shrink a bloated
user
profile of useless stuff?  So far it's up to 363 mb! :-O
---
Ohio State Buckeyes - National Champions!