[mswindowsxp] Re: User Profile

  • From: Joe Parker <joeparker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mswindowsxp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 05 Jan 2003 13:18:47 -0500

>No, it's not a folder per se, but it creates folders, (inside "Documents and
>Settings" folder. it's your user settings. It's called User Profile.
>Everyone has one.
>
>..NET is the next Server OS M$ is developing. I should have made that a tad
>clearer.  The one that's giving me the problem is the Standard Server
>version. The Enterprise version installed pretty smooth.

I guess I just took too much for granted. Since you didn't seem to know how
to look *inside* %userprofile% in order to determine the cause of the bloat
there I assumed you were a casual user. But if you're playing with beta
server versions I guess you aren't.

But in that case a WinXP list is the wrong place to ask. Try usenet in the
beta test groups for that OS.