[mswindowsxp] Re: System Restore. (M. Bertolani Out OfOffice (Auto-Reply))

  • From: "Michael Bertolani" <A00MJB1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <mswindowsxp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2003 09:15:04 -0600

I am out of the office today Friday December 12, 2003.

If you need immediate assistance please call the Customer Support Center
at 753-8100 or e-mail at helpdesk@xxxxxxx

Thank You,

Michael Bertolani

>>> mswindowsxp 12/12/03 09:13 >>>

System Restore sure seemed like a good idea. But it seems to miss more
problems than it helps, and since it takes a lot of drive space to do
that,
I'm on the verge of shutting it off entirely. Whatever specific problems

you're having can probably be fixed somehow else, but if you've tried to

use SR that much you may be doing something wrong.

Annoyingly, Powerquest's website doesn't seem to offer the patch for
download but rather says:

At 04:15 PM 12/11/2003, you wrote:
>Hi,  All.
>I have used "System Restore" a couple of times on my XP OS and it has
got
>me out of trouble. Yesterday I tried it again and the only "Restore
Point"
>for December had yesterday's date which was no good to me. Clicking the

>top L/H arrow beside the calendar doesn't take it back a month. Why is
>this? I have installed a couple of programmes recently and I thought a
>"Restore Point" was automatically created.
>
>Also, does any-one know where I can get a "Error 1513 Patch" for
Partition