[mswindowsxp] Re: System Restore.

  • From: Joe Parker <joeparker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mswindowsxp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2003 22:29:31 -0500

> > Whatever specific problems you're having can probably be fixed somehow
>else,
>
>Yes, I have now. Fortunately I had backed up my Registry last week and
>importing it fixed my problem.

That's pretty drastic. Clearly you're doing _something_ wrong if you need
to overwrite your whole registry to fix it.

>I'll make a habit of creating my own Restore Points in future.

Why? Just figure out what you're doing to screw up the registry and you
won't have to.

>Do you know where the "Restore Points" data is stored? I feel that this data
>has somehow been deleted and the reason that I can't go backward from
>December is because there are no Restore Points set. Does this sound
>feasible?

In a hidden directory on the volume. Yes, depending on how much disk space
you've allocated to it, System Restore will automatically delete old
checkpoints to make room for new.