[mswindowsxp] Re: System Restore.

  • From: Ted Cotton <tabcot@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mswindowsxp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2003 10:49:40 +1300

Hi, Joe.

> Whatever specific problems you're having can probably be fixed somehow
else,

Yes, I have now. Fortunately I had backed up my Registry last week and
importing it fixed my problem.
I'll make a habit of creating my own Restore Points in future.

Do you know where the "Restore Points" data is stored? I feel that this data
has somehow been deleted and the reason that I can't go backward from
December is because there are no Restore Points set. Does this sound
feasible?

> Annoyingly, Powerquest's website doesn't seem to offer the patch for
> download

I've now received an answer to my E-mail and they are requesting more
details, so I'm hopeful.

Many thanks,

Regards,

Ted