[mswindowsxp] Sp1 kills my java

  • From: "Snowshelbi" <SnowShelbi@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <mswindowsxp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2002 15:17:44 -0500

Hello

When I installed sp1 for windows Xp, evrthng went bad....and I mean
really bad, I wasn't able to run many of my programs, anyhow, since
while installing I made sure to check the backup  option, I went to
add/remove and removed it, and guess what happens? It decided to remove
the JVM with it as well....meanin site with javascript weren't loading
finely..so I decided getting the sun java machine since there was no
other way to get the other one, and that didn't solve my problem since
it wasn't doing a good job...so I decided to upgrade my internet
explorer, installed the sp for Iexplorer (called scripting smthng) so
yeah, after a while I decided reinstalling Sp1...this time thigs went a
bit better and iwas able to run outlook and internet explorer, so I went
to the define access thingy, made sure that Microsoft JVM is the
actually java machine, and that internet explorer is the default
browser....but, for some odd reason, I still have problems with
javascript (well, it's the same problem that says "error:class doesn't
support automation"), also, my internet explorer is still not the
default browser even though I checked that in the tools->options (what's
actually weird is that it asks me if I want to set it default, I select
yes and then the next tie I open Iexplorer same thing again asks me if I
want to put it as default....) hmm so yeah, I have a lot of problems
related to that (per example, my internet keys on my Logitech aren't
workin fine since I cant open any internet explorer using them, links
within some programs [like trillian/help files/flash animations] simply
don't work)

So yeah, I really would appreciate if anyone has smthgn to suggest to
fix that stuff....oh btw, I already tried reinstalling internet explorer
but in vain...

Thanks