[mswindowsxp] Scripting Windows XP installs - whats the best tool

  • From: "Rosemary Sarkis" <rosemary_sarkis@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mswindowsxp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 13:41:10 +1000

Hi

I need to create an unattended install for Windows XP for 8 different model
desktops/laptops.  The machines will be logging in to Windows AD (Windows
2000 Server).  I can do basic unattend.txt type work but was wondering what
apps people are using to script their OS's (GUI based and easy to use but
powerful).  Im not too good at VBScript, Kix etc so if there was a GUI front
ended app that does the hard work, that would be great.

I basically need to be able to automate a script that installs an OS, some
apps, hotfixes, puts the pc in a domain, adds system variables and syspreps
ready for ghosting (which would be the method of deployment).  We have 700
desktops I need to rebuild hence me wishing to automate the entire process

How do people out there do this??

Thanks
Rose

Get mobile Hotmail. Go to  http://ninemsn.com.au/mobilecentral/signup.asp