[mswindowsxp] Re: Scripting Windows XP

  • From: "Nail, Larry" <lnail@xxxxxx>
  • To: <mswindowsxp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2003 09:49:02 -0500

Rose,

With RIS, you build the image you want including the apps, and then run
RIPREP which prepares the image & sends a copy to the RIS server.  You
can build most of your customization in to the image.  Think "default"
user.  Tweak a profile the way you want it to be & then copy the profile
to the "default user" profile.

The only "visual" scripting tool that I know about is " ScriptLogic ".
I refuse to pay for scripting tools, so I've never used it, but from
what I hear from other administrators, it's a fairly good tool.  Now I
can not say that it'll do what you want it to.

With respect, take some time & learn VBScript... It'll do everything
I've seen you mention and a whole lot more... It's just the cost of a
book or some time on the web.

Good luck,
Larry