[mswindowsxp] Re: SP2.

  • From: "Jim Kenzig http://thin.net" <jimkenz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mswindowsxp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2004 15:40:02 -0400

Do you have an always on (dsl or cable) connection to the web?  As we
saw with sasser that you don't need to be "surfing" and can have a good
firewall and AV program in place, but if they aren't configured to block
the specific threats or you aren't protected by proper patches and
updates that you are leaving yourself open to disaster.  I wouldn't
exactly call Zone Alarm the best firewall nor Avast the best AV program
either. There are far better ones available. At best your PC is probably
currently about 50% protected from the latest threats with what you have
now.
JK