[mswindowsxp] Re: SP2.

  • From: Joe Parker <joeparker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mswindowsxp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2004 11:25:48 -0400

At 07:04 AM 10/30/2004, you wrote:
>I have reduced the size of my C:\ folder by installing the bulk of my
>programmes and folders to another partition and I can now burn a
>compressed Ghost Image file to a single DVD with about one GB to spare.
>
>According to a help file I read, SP2 requires just under 500MBs for its
>operating files and another 500MBs for its $Uninstall$ files. I would
>shift these $Uninstall$ files to the other partition to free up space in
>my C:\ folder. Would this be permissible?

Why bother if you have an image? Just tell it not to do an uninstall.

>Also, there is mention of a very large amount of HDD space required for
>Pagefiles and Backup files. Could my other partition be used for this as
>there is plenty of room on it?

I dunno which 'backup' files you're talking about, but if you need to
disable the page file on C you can.

>Is there any other HDD space required  for SP2?

Who knows. So far I've had mixed results with this update on different
machines, but disk space hasn't been one of the problems.