[mswindowsxp] SP2.

  • From: Ted Cotton <tabcot@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mswindowsxp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2004 00:04:39 +1300

Hi, all.
I have reduced the size of my C:\ folder by installing the bulk of my
programmes and folders to another partition and I can now burn a compressed
Ghost Image file to a single DVD with about one GB to spare.

I have the MS SP2 CD and I have a couple of questions:

According to a help file I read, SP2 requires just under 500MBs for its
operating files and another 500MBs for its $Uninstall$ files. I would shift
these $Uninstall$ files to the other partition to free up space in my C:\
folder. Would this be permissible?

Also, there is mention of a very large amount of HDD space required for
Pagefiles and Backup files. Could my other partition be used for this as there
is plenty of room on it?

Is there any other HDD space required  for SP2?

Many thanks in anticipation.

Ted.
-------