[mswindowsxp] Re: Removable HD. (M. Bertolani Out Of Office(Auto-Reply))

  • From: "Michael Bertolani" <A00MJB1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <mswindowsxp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 02:23:23 -0500

I will be out of the office Today Wednesday September 24, 2003.

If you need immediate assistance please call the Customer Support Center
at 753-8100 or e-mail at helpdesk@xxxxxxx

Thank You,

Michael Bertolani

>>> mswindowsxp 09/25/03 02:17 >>>

Hi to all XP users on this mailing-list.

I am a newcomer to the PC, but have owned and used an Amiga computer for
about ten years. As I am a bit paranoid about backing up my files, I
fitted
a 40 gig removable HD to my system and use the Windows backup option and
few others.

I was backing up some files yesterday and an error window appeared
saying my
Removable HD disk was full. I have added up all the files on it and the
total is only 28 gigabytes. I have lost 12 gigs somewhere. I deleted
some of
the folders, but the amount deleted didn't restore the same amount of
free
space on the HD. Also, emptying the "Recycle Bin" restored some space.
How
does this happen as the "Recycle Bin"  is installed on my C drive.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Regards

Ted.