[mswindowsxp] Re: Removable HD.

  • From: Ted Cotton <tabcot@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mswindowsxp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 15:43:11 +1200

Hi, Joe.

Many thanks for your words of advice.

> Tried turning off System Restore on that drive? And verifying Windows
> hasn't put a page file on it?

Tried that.

> If you really want an image of your drive use Norton Ghost

Yes, I've had a look at that. You can actually create the image before
Windows loads. "Nero" also has a backup option and the latest version allows
incremental backups now.

> PS We still use an Amiga 2000 daily for video work. They were incredible
> machines.

I have an Amiga 1200 (Not using it now, though). It has a one Gig HD
(divided into six partitions) and I can back up the whole drive on ten 100
meg Zip disks.

Regards,

Ted.
----