[mswindowsxp] Re: Removable HD.

  • From: "Joe Mulhall" <Joe.Mulhall@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <mswindowsxp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 09:32:02 +0100

Check you have partitioned the whole disk:

Rght click My Computer > Manage > Storage > Disk Management

You should see Disk0 has a block for your C drive and another 'Free Space' =
chunk. Select this block, partition and format it using the right click =
menu.

If you see Disk0 as one block then check the size showing is what you =
expect it to be.

Joe Mulhall
MCSE, MCP+I, CCSA

Network Engineer

>>> tabcot@xxxxxxxxxxxx 25/09/2003 08:17:51 >>>
Hi to all XP users on this mailing-list.

I am a newcomer to the PC, but have owned and used an Amiga computer for
about ten years. As I am a bit paranoid about backing up my files, I =
fitted
a 40 gig removable HD to my system and use the Windows backup option and a
few others.

I was backing up some files yesterday and an error window appeared saying =
my
Removable HD disk was full. I have added up all the files on it and the
total is only 28 gigabytes. I have lost 12 gigs somewhere. I deleted some =
of
the folders, but the amount deleted didn't restore the same amount of free
space on the HD. Also, emptying the "Recycle Bin" restored some space. How
does this happen as the "Recycle Bin"  is installed on my C drive.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Regards

Ted.