[mswindowsxp] Removable HD.

  • From: Ted Cotton <tabcot@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mswindowsxp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 19:17:51 +1200

Hi to all XP users on this mailing-list.

I am a newcomer to the PC, but have owned and used an Amiga computer for
about ten years. As I am a bit paranoid about backing up my files, I fitted
a 40 gig removable HD to my system and use the Windows backup option and a
few others.

I was backing up some files yesterday and an error window appeared saying my
Removable HD disk was full. I have added up all the files on it and the
total is only 28 gigabytes. I have lost 12 gigs somewhere. I deleted some of
the folders, but the amount deleted didn't restore the same amount of free
space on the HD. Also, emptying the "Recycle Bin" restored some space. How
does this happen as the "Recycle Bin"  is installed on my C drive.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Regards

Ted.