[mswindowsxp] Re: Remote computer as ... WWW speed tutuorial included for free

  • From: "Chris Ruggeri" <cruggeri@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <mswindowsxp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2002 10:07:27 -0700

I certainly have a lot to learn in that arena. When I dial my ISP, i usually
get speeds of wapping 19.2 speed. As you stated, i am consistently @ 28.8
when i dial in direct to my server. My thought that it would be a little
faster or @ least consistent speed( @ least if there were lots of traffic on
the isp). DSL is not available up here( a pretty isolated community in the
mountains). But, let me bounce what my thought was off of you and see if I
am correct if you don't mind. My performance increase would occur if:

I actually was retrieving data over the internet ( because that data only
traveled to my office pc, as opposed to all that data traveling across a
dial-up and I am using enterprise manager a lot).

Secondly, it would improve if I was downloading, because it also would only
be to downloading to the office machine.

Also, I thought there are scripts built into the pages being served that
would reduce performance some if they were being served to the dial-up pc as
opposed to just pixel changes.

I would see no real improvement( or limited) if:

I were changing the elements of the screens a lot( like watching video)
because it would be sending major pixel changes across my dial up(sound and
print jobs the same way).

 Input is greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,
Chris