[mswindowsxp] Re: Remote Assistance (was MSN Problem)

  • From: "Ibrahim, Mustafa" <Mustafa.Ibrahim@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'mswindowsxp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <mswindowsxp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2003 12:22:29 -0500

If what you want is to remove the built in MSN Windows Messenger just do the
following:
1- Open the file "sysoc.inf" which you can locate in your Windows folder
2- Locate the line containing the MSN aplication, which is something like:
        msmsgs=msgrocm.dll,OcEntry,msmsgs.inf,hide,7
3- Then remove the word "Hide"
4- This will unhide the component and make it visible in the Add/Remove
5- Do your thing and remove it from Windows Components section though, NOT
applications.
6- Done