[mswindowsxp] Re: Remote Assistance (was MSN Problem)

  • From: Lynn Brainerd <brainerd@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mswindowsxp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 04 Dec 2003 11:24:07 -0500

Perfect timing, we are right in the middle of working with this.
If messenger is installed on the client, but the user is restricted from
using through Server 2003 OU policy settings, then will remote work or do
we need to lift the ban on MSN messenger?
Lynn Brainerd

At 11:13 AM 12/4/2003, you wrote:
> > removing access to the program through Set Program Access and
> > Defaults.  So if I do this, then Remote Assistance will not work
> > at all?
>
>   Is anyone actually using Remote Assistance?  It's a nice idea - but
>I've never talked to anyone who is using it (or even has used it).  I
>don't even know anyone who has tried to use it and failed.
>   What I'm saying is - don't "protect" something you aren't using.

>mode or view archives use the below link.
>
>http://thethin.net/winxplist.cfm

Lynn Brainerd
Systems Administrator
SERC