[mswindowsxp] Re: Re-install

  • From: "Charles R. Buchanan" <crbgfblab@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mswindowsxp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 18:45:51 -0700

That's not totally true! :-O  If he installs over the current OS, he
will have to re-install all the programs previously installed. Now if
we're talking data such as letters, Doc's, spreadsheets and the such.
No, that won't be lost, but what I would highly recommend is, to backup
all the data you wish to keep, wipe the drive clean and do a clean
install of XP when he aquires XP cd.