[mswindowsxp] Re: RIS and .sif files

  • From: "Christy Hemenway" <christy.hemenway@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <mswindowsxp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 11:35:08 -0400

 I am not having any luck at the moment with =3D
discovering how RIS and answer files work together, and the research =3D
I've done is confusing.  But at this point, all the RIS install requires =
=3D
is for the installer to add Name, Organization, and the %*#%#@^* =3D
25-digit product code.=20

I have a RIS image, created with riprep, and it will install fine, =
provided I am willing to answer the above questions, but I want it to be =
totally unattended.

I have the .sif file in its default place, but when I try to associate =
the answer file with the image by clicking Add on the Images tab in =
Remote Install from my RIS server , I get this message:

"The file you entered is not a unattended setup information file (SIF) =
or the SIF is not  portable to other images.  Only SIFs for CD based =
images should be copied.  For more  information, see online Help."

Any ideas?
I appreciate it.
:-)
 -- Christy