[mswindowsxp] Re: Pop-up Windows

  • From: foofaraw in the middle <foofaraw_in_the_middle@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mswindowsxp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2002 13:58:51 -0700 (PDT)

A full-featured program that kills invasive code that websites try to install
on your system is The Proxomitron <http://proxomitron.org/> .  It is a
universal Web filter that blocks cookies, referring Java scripts, pop-up ads,
and more.
  Joe Parker <joe.parker@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote: Dunno about the panicware app
specifically, but several I tried worked fine
with IE6/XP. Their website _says_ it's compatible - don't you believe
them? It looks like it's awfully crippled compared to some other freeware
popup killers I've seen.

Just to let you know, the new Mozilla ( www.mozilla.org ) has built-in
popup stopping and also works great in XP.