[mswindowsxp] Odd

  • From: Bill Beckett <Bill.Beckett@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'mswindowsxp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <mswindowsxp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2004 11:12:24 -0400

Can't figure this one out. I have a dell laptop (latitude 300MHZ) and I have
installed Windows XP on it + SP1. I have a Cisco 350 wireless PCMCIA card
that I know works. I have installed and reinstalled the device. I have also
installed the client utility that comes along with the Cisco card. The
utility works, it can see the AP, it does a successful link test so the
communucations from card to AP are working. However, the laptop does not get
an IP address. It's configured for DHCP like all the other laptops we have
and they all work fine with DHCP. Protocols are there, card is working, yet
if I go to a command prompt and type in IPCONFIG, it wil just say media
disconnected. Anyone encounter such problems as this before? I've tried
everything I can to remedy.