[mswindowsxp] New hardware

  • From: Bill Beckett <Bill.Beckett@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'mswindowsxp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <mswindowsxp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 13:06:15 -0400

How would I best go about this process?
I want to take my drives and peripherals out of an existing PC running XP
and move them over to new hardware...specifically, new motherboard and
chipset. In the old days, using Windows 98, it was just a matter of
installing the drives into the new hardware, 98 would boot up, request
drivers for the new items and on you went. With XP, it bombs, it will blue
screen if moving old drives to new hardware, so how is this best
accomplished?